As stated in the previous post, I am a ceremonial magician. But I am not of the qabbalistic variety. No, I quit that forest a long time ago because I feel more drawn to the Christian-Neoplatonic model instead. So I journeyed backward to the source of the theory of emanation which is rooted in European (Greek specifically) philosophical mysticism aka Neoplatonism which is at the heart of the Grimoires and their philosophical worldview.
Neoplatonism was for the most part a pagan-philosophic and esoteric movement that believed there was a single source from which all things came to be, known as the unknowable Monad. From here all sorts of things, ideas, and gods emanated from to form the world in which we live. This philosophical movement encompassed several schools, with slightly different doctrines throughout the Greco-Roman world. As the world changed through politics and through other forces, pagan neoplatonism started to dwindle. But this neoplatonism was picked-up by many early christian mystics. So the Neoplatonic golden-thread extends from Plotinus, to Iamblichus, to Augustine, to Pseudo-Dionysus, to Trithemius, to Agrippa, to Ficino and etc.
Divine Hierarchy as I know it: Part one
1.God the Father= This is the Nous(Divine Mind) of the old Neoplatonists. Here is where all the ideas of the universe flow from. Everything in existence started with an idea.
2.God the Son= This is the Logos(Word/Logic) of the old Neoplatonits and of the Christians. He becomes Jesus when incarnated into the world through the Holy Spirit.
3.Holy Ghost= This is the Psyche(Soul of the World) of the Neoplatonists which upholds the "chain of being".
*Those three above make up a singular God who sits at the top of the hierarchy. Moving on.
2. Metattron= the angelic intercessor for the angelic choir known as the Seraphim in the primum mobil.
3. Ophaniel/Jophiel= the angelic intercessor for the angelic choir of the Cherubim that exist in the Firmament which corresponding to the zodiacal ring.
4. Zaphkiel= the angelic intercessor for the angelic choir known as the Thrones that exist in the seventh heaven which corresponds to the Sphere of Saturn.
5. Zadkiel= the angelic intercessor for the angelic choir known as the Dominations that exists in the sixth heaven which corresponds to the sphere of Jupiter.
6. Camiel= the angelic intercessor for the angelic choir known as Powers that exists in the fifth heaven which corresponds to the sphere of Mars.
7. Raphael= the angelic intercessor for the angelic choir known as Virtues that exists in the fourth heaven which corresponds to the sphere of Sun.
8. Haniel= the angelic intercessor for the angelic choir known as Principalities that exist in the third heaven which corresponds to the sphere of Venus.
9. Michael= the angelic intercessor for the angelic choir known as Archangels that exist in the second heaven which corresponds to the sphere of Mercury.
10. Gabriel= the angelic intercessor for the angelic choir of Angels thats exists in the first heaven which corresponds to the sphere of Moon.
Divine Hierarchy as I know it: Part three
1. Ancestral spirits= these are the departed family members who continue to look after the family in the spirit.
2. Aerial spirits= these are spirits of mixed nature that exist between the terrestrial and the first level of the celestial world aka sphere of the moon.
3. Nature spirits= these are also of mixed nature but exist mainly on the terrestrial zones
4. Geni Loci= these guys are of mixed natures and exist in specific locations only.
5. Elementals= these are beings that live only in one particular element.
6. Ghosts/poltergeists= evil spirits of the departed, or hijacked shells of the departed by an infernal being
7.Infernals= these are the purely evil beings that are typically thought of when the word demon shows-up in print.
*Just like in typical Neoplatonic fashion the further away you get from the Monad/God, the more corrupt and imperfect you are. So...
God is more pure than angels.
Angels are more pure than other spirits.
Spirits are more pure than the infernals.
All spirits are more pure than ensouled bodies(things that exist in the physical world)
Man is more pure than all other animals
Animals are more pure than plants.
Plants are more pure than rocks and stones.
*But here is the exception to the rule: A normal human ranks below all bodiless-spirits, because the normal human is usually more animal than soul. However a human who has been purified though spiritual means is above most spirits and many angels. This is why before any grimoiric work there is a penitential/purifying rite.