Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Little Introit

Since this is my first post I think it would only be fitting that I offer a little bit of information about myself. Without going too far as to what was the beginning of my interest in the occult, I will remain in the realm of my serious career in the magical arts.

Like many other magicians of our era I began my career in the fraternal-lodge form of occultism. My main interest of course was the Golden Dawn, but long after working alone I became a member of a local Ordo Templi Orientis temple to satisfy (I hoped) a personal need of inclusion. I became very disinterested in that group fairly quickly after observing the pettiness of it's members and the imperialistic attitude of the higher ranking individuals. I was very put-off to say the least. When I came to the conclusion that this order wasn't for me, I resigned and looked for another route. Something more serious...Something a bit more genuine...

I found my way by "going it alone". But in order to do this I had to read read read, experiment, and understand the older material. I first looked toward the grimoires, then to the concepts that the methodology is based on. Through this I began piecing together my own personal practice that is based on and in harmony with pre-lodge occultism.

No comments:

Post a Comment